Saturday, October 25, 2014

You Know What The Best Cooking Is? Leftovers.

Okay so maybe leftovers aren't the best "cooking" per se, however they shan't be wasted! (Not in this house!) The other reason I'm "making" leftovers tomorrow is because of the simple fact that I have made a lot of food this past week, and quite frankly I need to eat some before it goes bad. I also feel it's pointless (and expensive) constantly going to the grocery store when I already have perfect meals pre made at home. (It's also convenient for hectic days!)

I do believe a cheese plate may be in order tomorrow, and a homemade sauce would go well for something of that sort. I just don't feel justified making a large meal when my fridge is already full. Not to mention it would suit the little guests so far on Soldier Island in  And Then There Were None.

I want to state that thus far this Agatha Christie novel has held up much better than I had expected, and I do very much like the characters so far. It's amazing the differences in authors and how they choose to develop (or not develop) characters in books. Christie has thus far managed to give each character an exceedingly decent development for us to all relate to, and without forcing it.
The one thing I find funny is how much this particular book is starting to remind me of the board game and movie Clue. (Oh yes, it's true!)


I guess I'll be enjoying this novel a bit more too because I can relate it to that childhood game, and come on, who doesn't remember playing Clue as a child? If you can't just picture reading something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment