Thursday, October 30, 2014

Death by Whiskey? Well I'll Partake Anyway!

There's nothing like a book with a lot of drinking involved. I never truly understand the undertakings of British writing and how they always seemingly include liquor in their writings. (Granted I've only read a few British books, so I can only make a generalization.) I just find there always appears to be an alcohol beverage involved in more than a few individuals refreshment choices. (I say drink on to that!)


I still am not quite sure what I'll be cooking up tomorrow, but you can be guaranteed that it will be whiskey oriented! I honestly am thinking of possibly Toad in the Hole. It was a dish I had wanted to make in March for my old blog, but I never ended up having the time for it. It is more of a homey dish, and I personally am looking forward to it!

I'm going to leave you all with one quote from And Then There Were None:

"He thought: Best of an island is once you get there - you can't go any farther … you've come to the end of things.
He knew, suddenly, that he didn't want to leave the island." (Christie, Ch. 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment