Friday, October 17, 2014

Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in a Whiskey Glaze

Source: Edinburgh Whiskey Blog
Whiskey, it's what I love. Really really love, and it's something I enjoy cooking with. Plus there's nothing better than drinking and eating Irish Whiskey. I will say that there are some very lovely spiced notes that come out of your food when you utilize Irish Whiskey over something like a Tennessee/Kentucky Whiskey. (Just because it says Tennessee Whiskey, doesn't mean it's true whiskey.)

If you read my post yesterday, you'll know I decided to make these slow-cooked ribs in honor of the men in The Clearing. (If you didn't before, you do now!) I feel that if they had made this dish in Pennsylvania they would've used an American brand of whiskey/bourbon. I encourage you all to use a whiskey that you prefer! (I'm just a whiskey snob, and don't like bourbon-whiskey's!)

I hope you all try this out, and let me know what special touches you decided to add into this dish!

Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in a Whiskey Glaze

Main

  • Country Style Ribs (2 Pounds)
  • Barbecue Sauce (2 Tablespoons)
  • Irish Whiskey (1/2 Cup, I used Jameson)
  • Apple (1/2, Thinly Sliced)

Glaze

  • Water (1/3 Cup)
  • Irish Whiskey (1/4 Cup, Jameson)
  • Flour (1 Tablespoon)
  • Butter (1 Tablespoon)
  • Ketchup (1 Tablespoon)
  • Worcestershire Sauce (2 Tablespoons)
  • Brown Sugar (2 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • Place everything but the Apples from the main ingredients into your crockpot and set to low. Cook this around 6 to 7 hours.
  • Remove the Ribs from the crock pot, and carefully trim any excess fat. Place these on a greased baking sheet and set aside.
  • In a small saucepan, take all of the glaze ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, and pour over the Ribs.
  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit, lay the thin Apple slices on top of the ribs, and place into the oven.
  • Bake for 4 minutes (as they're already cooked), swap to a low broil for one minute, and they will be perfectly heated through.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

All I have to say is yum… 

Catch ya'll back here on Saturday. I have something special brewing in my menu-mind for Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment