Monday, October 6, 2014

Apple Dumplings To Be Baked Tomorrow!

Hey everyone! I said I was going to post a little earlier, and voila!

I want to say how ironic it is that currently as I'm typing right now I have a gorgeous (almost) full moon outside my window right now on one side, and a still setting sun on the other. I hope that Wednesday this week will be a little clear out so I can look at the full lunar eclipse this month (a Hunter's Moon). I mean how perfect - a werewolf novel and a Hunter's Moon.
On Wednesday is my reading day as well, and honestly it coincides perfectly where I left off in The Clearing (it also is why I'm baking Apple Dumplings).

"As the Bronco wheeled out of the drive, Beth wrapped her arms about her chest. … … Besides, the doors and windows would all be locked. With a resolute step, Beth entered the house, made her calls, and settled in to wait." (Rydder 117).

Clearly the suspense is getting at me, because on the one hand I want to say, "Oh god Beth you idiot!"
However on the other hand I want to say, "I wish I was as brave to do the same, and I totally get the reasoning Beth."
I mean this passage may not make much sense to those who haven't read the book yet, but I'm sure you can read between the lines. (If not, read the book!)
I bet some of you may also be wondering why Apple Dumplings for this passage? I will tell you for the same reason I love eating sweets for scary movies - something freshly baked and sweet offsets the fear we may have of what's out there. If I was going to be staying in that house by myself - I'd be baking something delicious to bide away the time.
I'm also excited to bake these Apple Dumplings because they're supposedly a mix of Pennsylvanian Amish food, which I think will be delicious! (Just like the Chicken Corn Soup.)

I hope you all check back in tomorrow! If any of you have some freshly picked apples and you're sick of making a standard apple pie then check out my Apple Dumplings tomorrow for possibly a new tradition.

PS: Hope you all cheer on for my Seahawks tonight versus the Redskins!

No comments:

Post a Comment