Sunday, October 5, 2014

Werewolf Burgers!

Hey hey everyone! Yet again I'm just continuing my late posts. (It's been too darn nice to blog inside!)
Today I raked leaves after I got out of work, and I had my very first birds eat at my bird feeder after almost 6 months! I had two finches, a male and female cardinal, and two chickadees! Needless to say I'm quite excited to get more birds, I pretty much stared transfixed at them for quite some time.
Ricky and I have been trying to get more birds because we love to hear them in the morning, and instead we have a small squirrel family that steals most of the bird food. (They ripped the whole suet out of a container once.) In essence - late post because I got distracted like a cat.
Moving on though, here are the burgers I made!

Werewolf Burgers

Main:

  • Hamburger Meat (1 Pound)
  • Rye Bread (6 Slices, Toasted)
  • Swiss Cheese (3 Slices)
  • Sauerkraut (3 Tablespoons, Divided by Burgers)
  • Pub Style Mustard (3 Tablespoons, Divided by Burgers)

Instructions

  • Take the Hamburger Meat and fix into relatively large burger patties. (Enough to generally fit the bread size.)
  • Cook these until they are medium-rare (or more if desired). Add the Sauerkraut and the Swiss Cheese on top during the last few minutes.
  • Spread the Pub Style Mustard on one slice of Rye Bread per Hamburger. 
  • Place the Hamburger on top of the Rye Bread and voila!
  • Plate and Enjoy

I know it may not seem much different than the Pennsylvanian Dutch Sandwich, however it's a burger and it tastes delicious! I've never had a burger with sauerkraut before - and I'm not disappointed.
The reason why I made these like this is because they're a little more rare than I normally eat them, however Adam in The Clearing is starting to crave rare (raw) meat, and he specifically asks for burgers.

I thought that these were a perfect dinner, and it also allowed me to clean out some more food from my fridge that I wasn't sure what to do with (aka sauerkraut).

Tomorrow I'll be telling you all about what else I'm making, and you'll catch a little more insight into Beth the character that started to shed light on the whole werewolf saga in her small town in Pennsylvania!

No comments:

Post a Comment