Monday, October 20, 2014

Back To "Deutsch" Roots Tomorrow

As the very last meal why wouldn't you want to go back to the roots? American food would never be here without all of the unique influences we have from our own personal heritages. The individuals from The Clearing may be from Pennsylvania, however Pennsylvania has a large heritage from German settlers.
I also wanted to make a German meal in honor of some of the food my sister is eating now that she's living in Germany! (Love you seeeeeester!)






I decided that some Sauerbraten (Sour Roast) was precisely what this book needs for it's ending. Just a hint of sour, and a whole hunk of meat! When I cook tomorrow it's going to be another crock-pot dish, perfect for those long work days! This is something that individuals eat in Germany quite often, and it's something new to me which shall be exciting as I generally do not eat German food. (It's not exactly common fare here in Maine.) I am looking forward to trying it though! Hopefully you can all join in tomorrow after it slow-roasts for 8 hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment