Monday, September 22, 2014

Spicy Beef Stew for the Chilly Autumn Days Tomorrow!

Hello everyone!
Today is an amazing fall day. I wish I could post a video on here of some of the activity going on around my neighborhood, but then I'd be broaching into a separate category of what this blog is about. Yet it's just so amazing watching all the squirrels in our backyard run around and get ready for this winter. They've been burying nut caches in our raised bed gardens as of late, and it really makes me think that this may be a pretty bad winter. If anything means that I'm going to be cooking more crock-pot meals because it's something that helps permeate the house with a warm, nostalgic aroma. (Then I can curl up under a million blankets while it's cooking!)

I decided to cook a Spicy Beef Stew tomorrow for The Hundred-Foot Journey. (Yes it's the last meal recipe!) I think it's fitting, and I also believe that it's great for these cooler fall days. (As I say that the wind just picked up…)
"It was lovely to see your sister again, after so many years. She was so good to us, when we just showed up unannounced at the door. So kind to the children. And my, can she cook! Ooh la la. Just as well as you. She gave us dinner. Délicieuse. A spicy beef stew, thick and gooey, perfect for the chilly night. And so different from our boeuf Bourguignon." (Morais 237-238).
See even Margaret from the book mentions what a great dish this is for chilly nights! (Trust me we'll be needing it!)

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of (rather immensely) excited for the fall and winter this year. I've never lived in a beach community that almost shuts down in the off season, and Ricky and I are rather excited to experience it. I also think it's going to be great baking in this house. Which reminds me, I plan on baking a small cake or treat of some sort that is reminiscent of The Hundred-Foot Journey. That will be made for probably Wednesday which is when I'll be posting my book review. This time I truly mean to post a baked treat, unlike my failure at Apricot Almond Pastries

So come scope out my Spicy Beef Stew tomorrow, and get yourselves ready for Wednesdays book review and baked goody!

No comments:

Post a Comment