Thursday, September 4, 2014

French Food for Tomorrow!

I'm officially introduced to Madame Mallory from The Hundred-Foot Journey now.  I will say damn what a spit-fire old woman! I do not want to start giving away little tidbits about her now just yet! I want to give a full review later when I've completed this novel!

For Friday I will be cooking a French dish - not to French just yet mind you… However it will be a little taste of France (I hope). I'm going to make the following dish - steak with frites (fries), and a beet salad! (The beets are grown from someone in Ricky's family!)

I know this may not seem too French to some of you, however I found that this simple meal was a nice introduction to Madame Mallory's establishment - Le Saule Pleureur. It also helped unlock something in Hassan that he never quite mentioned since leaving India.

I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to make for the steak (or the cut of steak), but I know that it'll be perfect for my dinner tomorrow night with Ricky. (Plus grilling in nice weather is a plus for both of us!)

PS: In case anyone cares, tonight the Seahawks are playing, and I want everyone to know that I hope I kick everyone's butt this week in my two fantasy leagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment