Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cooking an Italian Pizza for Tomorrow

Some of you may think that cooking pizza doesn't really count, but hey to me it does. I also think sometimes it's important to cook pizza from scratch.
My family used to do pizza every Thursday night because we were addicted to Survivor (when it first started), and my dad would always toss the dough. My mom was the queen of sautéing the vegetables, and we always had speciality pizza's varying on what we were craving. I think pizza is fun to make, and I hope my rendition encapsulates what a true Italian would make in their home kitchen. 

I think the other reason why I decided this was an important recipe to make this time around was because it's kind of the first meal had when things start becoming abnormal…

"Flapjack jumped and bayed. A wide gauze bandage was wrapped snugly around his neck, and Beth looked up questioningly. Monica shrugged. 'His wounds were weeping a little, so I wrapped them. Come on inside. All Lizzie could talk about was your promise to be home for pizza night, so I went ahead and ordered it.'
As Lizzie pulled Beth's suitcase out of the trunk, Monica continued in a lower tone. 'When things settle down, we need to talk.' She looked into Beth's eyes for just a moment before she went off to set the table for dinner." (Rydder 27).

Rydder doesn't wait very long to introduce the air of mystery into The Clearing, and it leaves you wanting to read more. I personally can't wait to see when the action starts unfolding even more.

Tune in tomorrow night for some true Italian Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment