Sunday, September 14, 2014

Crock Pot Lamb Stew

Hello everyone, I'm posting this as my Seahawks are making a remarkable recovery against the Chargers right now. I also want to post this before the other big game tonight between the 49ers and Bears. (Da Bears!)

I have no idea really what else to call this recipe except simply - Crock Pot Lamb Stew. It's different, I'll give it that. It's good though - very simple and nice for just a basic meal.

Crock Pot Lamb Stew

Main

  • Lamb Chunks (1 1/4 Pound)

Broth

  • White Wine (1/2 Cup)
  • Garlic (3 Cloves, Crushed)
  • Carrot (1/4 Cup, Diced)
  • Celery (1/4 Cup, Diced)
  • Pear (2, Cut In Eighths)
  • Thyme (2 Sprigs)
  • Salt (To Taste)
  • Pepper (To Taste)
  • Water (2 Cups)

Instructions

  • In a decent sized pan, braise the Lamb on all sides prior to placing in the crock pot.
  • Meanwhile place all of the Broth ingredients (except the Water) into the crock pot, making sure some of the liquid seeps through to the bottom. 
  • Add the Lamb, including any of the grease contents from the pan to the crockpot.
  • Cook on high for one hour allowing some of the broth to seep into the meat. 
  • After an hour add the Water and cook on low for another hour, or until the Lamb is done.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

This is a very basic stew, and is very hearty. I personally find it soothes a sore throat, and would also pair favorably with a stout instead of a wine as a broth base. For what it is though, sometimes you just can't go wrong with a very simple stew, especially on cold fall days, and watching Football Sunday with family. 

Let me know what you guys think - and also start swinging book ideas my way. (I've only one more week people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment