Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bruschetta

Well hello there everyone! I'm proud to say that I'm finally feeling better, it's probably because of the amount of garlic that I've been cooking with. It's only weird if it doesn't work though!

I know I feel like I've been posting significantly later on in the evenings lately, and a lot of that has to do with putting away Summer things! (Buh-bye warmth…) I'm loving it though, as this is the first time I've ever been able to decorate for Fall since Ricky and I now own our house as opposed to being renters.

I could bore you all with talking about the crafting things I've made for hanging up around the house for the season, but I won't! Instead I'll eventually blog about it in the form of food! (Apple picking is right around the corner!) For now though, let's just get down to business with the Bruschetta I made for my uninspired bit from The Hundred-Foot Journey.

Bruschetta

Bread

  • Italian Bread (Halved)
  • Butter (2 Tablespoons)
  • Garlic Powder (1 Tablespoon)

Topping

  • Tomatoes (3, Diced)
  • Onion (1/2, Diced)
  • Fresh Basil (1/2 Cup)
  • Garlic (3 Cloves, Diced)
  • Olive Oil (1 Tablespoon)
  • Parmesan Cheese (Freshly Grated, 1/4 Cup)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. Place Bread sliced side up on a pan, and spread the Butter on. Carefully sprinkle the Garlic Powder over the slices as evenly as possible.
  • In a medium sized bowl mix together all of the Topping ingredients, spoon this mixture over the Bread. If you have made too much mixture just set it aside for now**.
  • Bake the Bread for no more than 10 minutes, or just until the Parmesan Cheese is melted. 
  • Plate and enjoy!
**Any leftover topping can be used as an omelet filling for breakfast!


They're like little mini pizzas! (And oh so delicious!) I'm not going to lie, I absolutely love Bruschetta… I think I could (sadly) live off Bruschetta and Amato's Pazzo Bread… This is one of those times where I'm absolutely glad that The Hundred-Foot Journey gave me no true inspiration, because instead I was able to create and enjoy this. I'm sure I could somehow (in a roundabout way) tie this Bruschetta in together with the book, but I'm just too lazy… I suppose in some circumstances Hassan may have served this in his restaurant as an appetizer, but I doubt it. 

I'm going to go back downstairs though and clean up the kitchen, and sneak another piece of Bruschetta in before I start unwinding from the day. 
Tomorrow's my blogging day off, so I hope you all check back in on Thursday to see what I've got planned for my kitchen concoctions on Friday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment