Sunday, September 28, 2014

Philly Cheesesteak

Oh yes, we made a Philly Cheesesteak tonight.

We also went apple picking, can you say scrumptious apple baked goodies soon?

I'm just going to say that this was not a traditional Philly Cheesesteak, we altered it because we (as usual) had some ingredients that we just had to use in our fridge. (Can't say we waste anything though.)

So who knows if this truly classifies as an original Philly Cheesesteak, but for all intents and purposes I'm calling it one too. Hell why not? I want to try and get this post out soon because I want to also make nachos for tonights Sunday Night Football game - Saints versus Cowboys. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a chick that also digs Tony Romo - I blame my Uncle, he introduced me to football and he was a Cowboys fan. Before this turns into a football post, and me justifying my Romo-crush, let's just get on to the cheesesteak…

Philly Cheesesteak

Main:

  • Steak (1 Pound, Thinly Sliced)
  • Mozzarella Cheese (2 Ounces, Thinly Sliced)
  • Italian Bread Subs

Fillings:

  • Green Pepper (3/4 Cup, Thinly Sliced)
  • Red Pepper (3/4 Cup, Thinly Sliced)
  • Onion (1/2 Cup, Thinly Sliced)
  • Baby Bella Mushrooms (1/2 Cup, Thinly Sliced)
  • Butter (2 Tablespoons)
  • Garlic-Salt (1/2 Tablespoon)

Instructions


  • In a large frying pan, sauté all of the fillings together until tender, and set aside in a bowl.
  • Using the same frying pan, cook the Steak to a desired temperature. (Medium Rare for us.)
  • Place together all of the fillings and Steak in the Italian Bread Subs, and add the Mozzarella Cheese on top of everything else.
  • Place the finished sandwich onto a pan, and bake in the oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit until the Mozzarella Cheese is melted.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

Look at that right there! Talk about a mouthful of sandwich… I can't believe I still want to make nachos after this beast, but hey I gotta add my winter weight on so I don't freeze to death here in Maine! (Plus I just love food…)

I know that this looks nothing like a traditional Philly Cheesesteak, but who said you have to stick with traditional when cooking? I think sometimes sticking directly to a recipe isn't always the best - after all then you lose the ability to add your own essence! I find recipes to be more like guidelines…
I wish people would comment and send me pictures of anything they may have made similar to anything I've posted. I'd love to see what flair and flavors you add to your own!

Heck share a new recipe, I'm still learning, and I'd love to try it for myself!

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys the big game tonight (or not if you don't watch Football!) Catch you all tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment