Saturday, September 27, 2014

It Wouldn't Be Pennsylvanian Without A Philly Cheesesteak

Hey everyone, sorry for the late post. Some stuff came up this evening, like going out to dinner and other nonsense. (Test driving a new car for instance…)

I will say I stretched on this one, but you can't possibly cook for a book based in Pennsylvania and not cook a Philly Cheesesteak! How perfect is it that it's also for Football Sunday tomorrow? I think it works out just swimmingly…

Moving on (because my pajamas are calling me) I wanna give you guys another passage from the book that made me wanna make a cheesesteak.

"Six wolves, massacring animals just down the road. The largest one - the size of a pony? … … "It's lunchtime. Let's have a sandwich, and I'll tell you about it." (Rydder 34).

I know it's not the most descriptive of sorts, but essentially Beth is trying to keep her daughter from realizing something is wrong with Flapjack (their dog). Nothing like a parent brush off with the promise of a surprise, and the talk of lunch to chase away a problem. It also starts to give off more of a vibe that something is truly going to start happening in this book, and it's going to get more interesting in the small town.

Who knows, but hey tomorrow you guys can at least get mine and Ricky's version of a Philly Cheesesteak. Catch you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment