Friday, September 26, 2014

Margherita Pizza

I'm in love with this pizza. It was so easy to make, and I thought it was delicious. I like how mine came out less greasy than some that you buy from a pizza parlor.
I will admit that I made a mistake when I was making the pizza (I honestly was just so hungry I was rushing) and it was just a stupid mistake. So I'll pass this note on, the recipe for the dough is a double recipe. So that means split the dough in half before you make a large pizza. Otherwise you'll end up with a deep dish pizza instead of a more traditional flat bread. (It's really just a preference thing.)

Pizza Margherita 

Dough:


  • Warm Water (1 1/3 Cups)
  • Yeast (2 1/4 Teaspoons)
  • Flour (3 1/2 Cups)
  • Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
  • Salt (A Pinch)

Sauce:


  • Diced Tomatoes (1 Cup)
  • Tomatoes (1/2 Cup, Chopped)
  • Garlic Powder (1 Tablespoon)
  • Basil (1 Tablespoon)
  • Salt (1/2 Teaspoon)
  • Pepper (1/2 Teaspoon)

Toppings:


  • Fresh Mozzarella (8oz Ball, Thinly Sliced)
  • Fresh Basil (1/4 Cup, Full Leaves)
  • Olive Oil (1 Tablespoon)

Instructions


  • Place the Yeast and Water together in a medium sized bowl, mix together and let stand for 5 minutes.
  • Add together the remaining dough ingredients and let rise for around an hour at room temperature. (It should double in size.)
  • Spread Flour on a surface and work the dough out, kneading for around 5 minutes for the dough to come together. 
  • If you want a thin crust pizza, divide the dough ball in half. (You can freeze it in a bag until needed at another time.) Take the amount of dough you want and slowly work the pizza out into a circle. (Rolling pin or other methods work.)
  • Place this on a greased baking pan and set aside. 
  • Preheat oven to 475 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • While your oven is preheating mix together all of your sauce ingredients in another small bowl.
  • Add the sauce on top of your pizza pushing as close to the edge as possible. 
  • Place the Mozzarella slices evenly on the pizza, drizzle with the Olive Oil, and add the Basil last. 
  • Bake for around 45 minutes, or until the top of the cheese has crisped a little. 
  • Plate and enjoy!

This was delicious! I suggest everyone tries making their own pizza dough, because it tastes so much better than frozen ones from a supermarket. 
Has anyone ever made their own pizza before? If so what was your favorite!

I'm going to stuff my face with more pizza, so tune back in tomorrow to find out what I'll be making from The Clearing tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment