Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chicken Corn Soup

Hey, I stuck to my promise of an earlier post!! (It's actually surprising!)
I made my Chicken and Corn Soup today, and what a perfect day for soup! My word - it went from 71 Degrees Fahrenheit yesterday to only 55 Degrees Fahrenheit today! Needless to say a nice hot soup was the perfect remedy for today's temperature and cold, clammy air. I truly wish this soup was the standard "Chicken Noodle Soup" that you eat when you're sick, and that's because I find it even better than just the regular. I'm telling you the corn aspect really brings more flavor to the soup… (Plus I love creamed corn…)

Chicken and Corn Soup

Main:

  • Chicken Breast
  • Water (2 Cups)

Soup:

  • Chicken Stock (2 Cups)
  • Butter (1 Tablespoon)
  • Onion (1/2, Chopped)
  • Celery Stalk (1, Chopped)
  • Carrot (1, Shredded)
  • Creamed Corn (16 Ounce Can)
  • Egg Noodles (1 Cup)
  • Salt (To Taste)
  • Pepper (To Taste)

Instructions

  • Take the Chicken Breast and boil in the Water in a small pot.
  • In a large pot, sauté the Onion, Celery Stalk, Carrot, and Creamed Corn for around 5 minutes.
  • Add the remaining soup ingredients to the large pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and finish cooking for 10 minutes.
  • Take the Chicken Breast out of the boiling water, and cut into bite sized pieces. Add these bits back into the soup.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

This soup is delicious, and it's so simple it's not even funny. I personally love dishes that I can practically set it and forget it, because it allows me to multitask on other projects around the house. (Like playing with the cat… - I mean work!)
I personally love the creamed corn instead of just plain corn, it makes the soup creamy, and more filling as a result.

A traditional recipe would include little dumplings to make this the Amish Pennsylvanian soup, however I was also only home for the original purpose of working today with Ricky - therefore I did not include the dumplings. (They are very easy to make though, I assure you - and suggest it!)

I want to tell everyone as well that I plan on making some goodies with apples in them, after all I've got plenty now that I've been apple picking! I don't know how I'll tie those into The Clearing yet, but I do plan on finding a way!

Stay tuned, check back in on Thursday and see what's on the menu coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment