Saturday, November 1, 2014

What Have I Always Wanted To Do? Have Afternoon Tea with Scones!

I'm a huge tea drinker, and here in Maine we have an amazing tea shop owned by my friend Sarah called Homegrown Herb and Tea. (Seriously, you should buy some for holiday gifts!) I have some lovely blended tea from her that I am going to enjoy for my own afternoon tea tomorrow - with some traditional scones.



I find the reason of mine for doing a traditional British Afternoon Tea is because of the small lunch the guests had from And Then There Were None. Needless to say their tea break was not much in the way of calming to say the least - however it does leave one to more questions!
"That's just it, sir. Last night, when I was clear ing up, there wasn't but nine, sir. … There's only eight, sir! Only eight! It doesn't make sense, does it? Only eight…." (Christie, Ch. 6).
I am loving this Agatha Christie novel right now, and I'm still entirely engaged. I keep trying to determine who the killer is but I'm just not certain! Needless to say, I think I've found a new genre that I like - Mystery!

I hope you all tune in tomorrow for a simple day of tea, and scones. Mayhap you'll tell me some choices you'd put into an afternoon tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment