Friday, November 28, 2014

Creole Southern Chicken Wings

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday! If you don't celebrate it, then I hope you have had a great week thus far.
I was originally going to make a full sized main meal, but then I looked in my fridge and there was just no way. I have so many leftovers from Thanksgiving that I have no desire to waste any of that before I make another meal. 
Yet I did want to make some chicken wings as a little late night snack tonight after Black Friday shopping, and I remembered how I said the Creole Seasoning I made last time would probably taste good as a seasoning on meat. That's when I came up with this simple and easy recipe!

Creole Southern Chicken Wings

  • Chicken Wings (3)
  • Panko Bread Crumbs (2 Cups)
  • Creole Seasoning (4 Tablespoons)
  • Egg (1)
  • Milk (1/4 Cup)

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a small bowl mix together the Egg and Milk till frothy. Set this aside.
  • In another small bowl mix together the Panko Bread Crumbs, and Creole Seasoning - adding more if needed.
  • Take a Chicken Wing at a time and dip into the Egg and Milk mix, then coat generously in the Panko and Creole Seasoning mix, and lay on a cookie sheet.
  • Bake these for around 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

I will admit my picture taking skills failed for this dish… I was a little ravenous (that's an understatement) to say the least after work, Black Friday, and other small duties. I do hope you all try this, it's my healthier version of a southern fried chicken wing, and yet adds into the mix a Creole Seasoning from sweet ol' Louisiana!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, I'll be chiming back in on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment