Sunday, November 2, 2014

Scones with Golden Raisins

I've finally had my own British Afternoon Tea with Scones! Not to mention it was a perfect day for it - first snow of the season here in Maine. (It's only November 2nd!)
I enjoyed hunkering down and enjoying my Assam Chai tea though while watching some football this afternoon, and I'll tell you these scones are actually quite filling! (I'm not complaining.) So if you all want to enjoy yourself some relaxation time, and a little treat for the noontime drag then get some scones and tea!





Scones with Golden Raisins 

  • Flour (2 Cups)
  • Baking Powder (4 Teaspoons)
  • Salt (1/3 Teaspoon)
  • Sugar (1/3 Cup)
  • Butter (4 Tablespoons)
  • Shortening (2 Tablespoons)
  • Cream (3/4 Cup)
  • Egg (1)
  • Golden Raisins (Generous Handful)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit, and in a large bowl mix together the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Sugar.
  • In a separate bowl mix together the Butter, Shortening, Cream, and Egg.
  • Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, making sure everything is well blended. 
  • Toss in the Golden Raisins, and mix well.
  • Flour a working surface, and roll out the dough to desired thickness. (I like thinner cookie-like scones.)
  • Cut out circles from the dough, and place on well greased cookie sheets.
  • Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. 
  • Plate and Enjoy!
Scones, Dab of Butter, and Jam
So delicious, Ricky and I are excited for some coffee and scones in the morning.

Catch you all again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment