Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pork Loin with Apple Chutney

I can't say much more about this recipe except for food-orgasm. Honest. I absolutely can't believe how well this mix of stuff paired together. I mean I literally just through together this stuff on a whim. My only concept was it had to have 10 ingredients this time around in honor of the ten individuals that have passed in And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie… (A moment of silence for those ten ingredients in my stomach now…)

I think this dish is a great Fall or Winter meal, it has the perfect amount of spice, sweet, and savory to it. None of which overpowers the other. The other thing that I absolutely loved about making this was how I got to can my Apple Chutney for down the road. (Like it will survive not being touched for long - yeah right!) I guess what makes this dish fun too is the fact that it was all spontaneity. I originally went into this evening thinking I was going to make some Bangers and Mash for And Then There Were None and instead this opportunity arose and I couldn't be happier.

So for a dish that will warm you up, and also give you an amazing gift in return then join on in!

Pork Loin with Apple Chutney

Main

  • Pork Loin (3/4 - 1 Pound of Pork Loin, Divided into Three Equal Pieces)
  • Pepper (2 Tablespoons)

Apple Chutney

  • Apples (6, Cored, Peeled, and Diced)
  • Onion (1, Chopped)
  • Ginger (2 Tablespoons, Minced)
  • Golden Raisins (3/4 Cup)
  • Apple Cider Vinegar (3/4 Cup)
  • Fresh Orange Juice (1 Cup, About 2 Oranges)
  • Dark Brown Sugar (1 Cup, Lightly Packed)
  • Mustard Seed (1 Teaspoon)
  • Red Pepper Flakes (1 Teaspoon)
  • Salt (1 Teaspoon)

Instructions

  • In a large saucepan combine together everything from the Apple Chutney mix except for the Golden Raisins, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for around 50 - 60 minutes stirring occasionally. Most of the stock should reduce by then.
  • Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Coat the Pork Loin in the Pepper, and place on a baking sheet. Take some of the Apple Chutney sauce and spread onto the tops of the three Pork Loin pieces, and also take one tablespoon of the Apple Chutney and put on to each Pork Loin.
  • Bake this in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes (or until the meat is done).
  • Plate and Enjoy!

This was so yummy, and I loved how the Apple Chutney worked with the Pork Loin. Nothing was overpowering, and it was a simple 12 ingredients (10 if you remove such things like the inclusion of Salt/Pepper as ingredients)! It's also rewarding to be able to can leftovers from something like this because then you can preserve your food to share. Or if your selfish (like us) you can preserve it for yourselves!

A quick tip on canning (if anyone wants to for the Apple Chutney): follow these simple instructions!



Hopefully you all will enjoy trying out this recipe! Let me know what you think.

I'll be giving my review of And Then There Were None tomorrow - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment