Friday, November 14, 2014

Roast Stuffed Tomatoes

I'm sorry I haven't posted on a schedule lately! I've enjoyed a mini-vacation from quitting my old job! Not only that but I've been crafting away lately in preparation for the upcoming holiday season - in other words real life is real busy. Ain't nothin' wrong with that, and I love taking the time to make stuff. I guess that's why I love cooking as much as I do because it's always fun to me.

This recipe was inspired by And Then There Were None, and it's something that's supposed to be quick and easy. I really wanted to make Roast Stuffed Tomatoes because I've been craving something stuffed and most people only do stuffed squash or peppers - tomatoes aren't really thought of for doing that.
Needless to say, I hope you guys try out these little appetizers and let me know what you think!

Roast Stuffed Tomatoes

  • Tomatoes (4, Top 1/4 Inch Cut Off, Inside Scooped Out)
  • Cous Cous (1 Cup)
  • Marinara Sauce (2 Tablespoons)
  • Sun-Dried Tomatoes (6, Finely Chopped)
  • Onion (1/2 Onion, Finely Chopped)
  • Celery (1 Stalk, Finely Chopped)
  • Garlic Clove (Finely Chopped)
  • Butter (Tablespoon)
  • Shredded Cheese (4 Tablespoons)
Tomatoes, Pre-Filling

Instructions

  • Saute the Butter, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Onion, Celery, and Garlic Clove for around 10 minutes.
  • Mix together the Cous Cous, Marinara Sauce, and sautéed mixture into each tomato. Don't worry if you still have a lot left, I wanted extra for lunch tomorrow!
  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Place the stuffed tomatoes on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

I love these little tomatoes, they're very sweet and refreshing. If you only have the stuffed tomato as well - it really is a perfectly light appetizer. Sometimes appetizers can be so filling you don't have room for a full plate meal, and that's why I love stuffing these with cous cous instead of bread or rice.

I may be rethinking how I schedule my posting - I'll be honest it isn't always the easiest posting 6 days a week. In addition sometimes it's hard trying to think of what to post on the none cooking days because quite frankly I don't always have a lot to say about what the hell I'm gonna be cooking. I'm sure that most of you don't have to sit and analyze a roast chicken you'll be making some nights, so I think maybe my schedule will now be Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, and once a month Wednesday's. Still not quite sure though!

No comments:

Post a Comment