Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Creole Seasoning

Hey all! By now ya'll probably know how I am - if I have too many leftovers I don't like to cook. If I do cook I create a recipe to go around my leftovers, no one said a frugal kitchen was a bad kitchen! This seasoning mix is easy to make, and goes great mixed in with some rice. I can also imagine how amazing it would be if I did a dry rub over some pork ribs! (Hint hint - it may be in the future…) I decided on this as well because Creole Seasoning is something that many people can buy for modern times pre-made, and in Midnight Bayou Nora Roberts has moved from speaking about the past to being in the present. So this is a simple spice mix that can go with modern meals, and hell I'm cheap! Go out there and make some!







Creole Seasoning

  • Garlic Powder (2 Tablespoons)
  • Onion Powder (2 Tablespoons)
  • Chili Powder (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Cayenne Pepper (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Oregano (2 Tablespoons)
  • Basil (2 Tablespoons)
  • Thyme (2 Tablespoons)
  • Black Pepper (1 Tablespoon)
  • Salt (1 Tablespoon)

Instructions

  • One simple step for this one, mix together all the ingredients!

There's just something so vibrant about this spice mix, and it yields around 1 cup of Creole Seasoning. I made rice for myself and Ricky, and we topped the rice with some of my Louisiana Swamp Chili.
A little goes a long way with this spice, and I really can't believe I've actually bought this priced out before in a supermarket. (Granted I swapped out Paprika with Chili powder…)

I hope everyone tells me something that they mix up with a little creole seasoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment