Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cous Cous, and Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon

I'm on the home-stretch for cooking for And Then There Were None. Needless to say it's been a little harder making recipes towards the end of this because at the end of the day almost all the main characters are dead - and the remaining ones are eating tinned tongue… Yeah that sounds appetizing - never. So I've been trying to be inventive! The Roasted and Stuffed Tomatoes I made Friday were a tribute to a good stuffed plot - god knows I've been floundering in the whodunit mystery. (I didn't know who the damn killer was until the epilogue!) So for this evenings meal, I used leftover cous cous mix from Friday, and I stuffed a chicken breast with that mixture and served the rest on the side. The symbolism to And Then There Were None you may wonder? Well you might say, "And then there were none for our groceries!"

Enjoy!

Cous Cous, and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Place a couple tablespoons of the Cous Cous mix into the center of the butterflied Chicken Breast, fold that in half, and wrap it with the piece of Bacon.
  • Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
  • Plate and Enjoy!


Honestly, nothing beats home cooking utilizing whatever is leftover or currently in your freezer. It makes things easy, cheap, and quite frankly inventive. This was a pretty yummy and quick dish, and I got to utilize a few things that weren't sufficiently satisfying on their own. A big win-win for me!

See you all on Tuesday with my final cooking episode from And Then There Were None!

No comments:

Post a Comment