Thursday, November 6, 2014

To know, or not to know? That is the question...

Sometimes the most frightening thing of all for an individual, is to not know. That's certainly the case thus far in And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. The question is is it truly that frightening not to know? Or is it more of an adventure to find out as you're going along?
Certainly the characters in Chritie's novel would much rather know than not, and then again facing imminent murder is likely to changes things up a bit.
"I don't know. I don't know at all. And that's what's frightening the life out of me. To have no idea…."(Christie, Ch. 10).
Of one thing I am certain of though, and that is that I don't know what the heck I'll be cooking tomorrow. Most certainly it will be an adventure rifling through my kitchen cabinets trying to think of something. I do know that it will be based on one of my favorite things - using what may be going bad soon! (I wonder why no one stays for dinner - it's because they read those things…)

One thing I can guarantee though is that not knowing something in life certainly brings out more tasteful ingredients. (Harder won in my opinion!)
So stay tuned for tomorrow's mystery dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment