Sunday, December 21, 2014

Three Cheese Filled Muffins

I made these breakfast muffins tonight as a late night snack, but also because they'll be great and easy to reheat in the morning. I'm all about that in the morning!
I can picture any of the characters from Daggerspell opening up a saddlebag and eating one of these on the road - easy, portable, and savory as hell.

I wish I had a picture of the center of these breakfast muffins, but I ate it all before I got the chance to… Oops!

Three Cheese Filled Muffins

I made these as a half batch, so these should yield around 3 texas muffins, or 6 regular muffins. 

Muffin Mix

  • Flour (3/4 Cups)
  • Baking Powder (1/2 Tablespoon)
  • Egg (1 - Part of Whites Reserved)
  • Butter (3 Tablespoons, Melted)
  • Milk (1/2 Cup)

Three Cheese Filling

  • Ricotta Cheese (2 Tablespoons)
  • Cheddar Cheese (1/2 Tablespoon)
  • Parmesan Cheese (1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Reserved Egg Whites
  • Salt (To Taste)
  • Pepper (To Taste)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a medium sized bowl, mix together the muffin mix.
  • In a smaller bowl mix together the three cheese filling
  • In a muffin tin (I used a texas toast muffin tin) place as many cupcake liners as you think you can fill (I like the easy work!)
  • Fill the liners half way with the muffin mix, and put a healthy dollop into the middle of the mixture. 
  • Use the remaining mix to top off the muffins, and bake for 20-25 minutes.

These little muffins are simply delicious, and would be absolutely amazing with some strawberry jam in the morning. They are best eaten warmed up in a toaster oven or microwave as it helps melt the cheese inside again. (Delicious!)

So make these for a Sunday morning brunch, or even the night before a crappy Monday work day. I hope you all are getting prepped and excited for the holidays! I certainly am! I also have a big surprise for ya'll on Tuesday - something you could make for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Dinner! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment