Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Slow-Cooked Barbecue Ribs

 I've been on an extreme cooking binge lately, and I think it's because I'm just so happy that I want to push food onto Ricky. He definitely deserves some of his favorite meals! The reason why I'm posting this one so late is because I wanted it to be done in time for Ricky and I to eat together once he got home from "Bro-Night"!

It's actually quite fitting too since the men in Daggerspell were involved in a random war. Usually that means they feast quite extensively on pork or some such, and well I assumed some pork ribs would be lovely tonight. It's a little different, and I'll post this as a warning - you're not going to want to wait when you smell these cooking… Honestly I almost went to war with myself on wanting to sample these before they were done. I think I beat my own father's rib recipe. (Yeah Papa I said it!)

So slow cook these little babies be it a "Bro-Night" or a "Girl-Night"!

Slow-Cooked Barbecue Ribs

  • Rack of Ribs (1 Pound)
  • Onion (Quartered)
  • Spicy Mustard (4 Tablespoons)
  • Montreal Steak Seasoning (4 Tablespoons)
  • Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce (1 Bottle - Don't Be Cheap!)
  • Whiskey (1/2 Cup)
  • Water (1 Cup)

Instructions

  • Remove the Ribs from the package and trim any of the fat. Don't forget to also trim the membrane on the back of the ribs. (AKA 'Silver Skin'.) Depending on the size of your Dutch Oven you may have to split the rack of Ribs in half. (Or 1/3's.)
  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a dutch oven place the Onions on the bottom, pour the Water in and add 1/3 of the Sweet Baby Rays.
  • Rub the rack of Ribs with the Mustard, and then sprinkle generously with the Montreal Steak Seasoning on all sides. Lay down into the Dutch Oven, and pour the remaining Sweet Baby Rays onto the Ribs.
  • Don't forget to drizzle Whiskey onto the Ribs as well, and pop into the oven.

  • Bake for 2 hours or until the Ribs are throughly cooked.
Half Way Cooked
  • Plate and Enjoy!


These ribs were so tantalizing just cooking in the oven, and I was afraid of a let down once I finally got to eat them. I was definitely not disappointed - these were probably the best I've had in quite some time. 
I highly suggest enjoying these some night, and trust me the meat will fall right off the bone.

This was my last recipe for Daggerspell by Katharine Kerr, and I'll miss the cooking from it - not much else though. Look for my review tomorrow! Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment