Sunday, December 28, 2014

Parmesan and Herb Focaccia

You know those moments where you almost wish you could've done something earlier, and almost had? I almost made this focaccia a lot earlier in the day - instead I waited for it to come hot out of the oven for when Ricky got home. I'm so glad I didn't make it earlier! Now Focaccia will always have a brand new meaning for me, and it's all cause he popped the question! (I said yes!) 

I'm not sure if every Parmesan and Herb Focaccia baked will get a marriage popping question for you, but you can always make this for when you want to be married to a savory and delicious bread!

Parmesan and Herb Focaccia

  • Flour (2 3/4 Cups)
  • Salt (1 Teaspoon)
  • Sugar (1 Teaspoon)
  • Active Dry Yeast (1 Tablespoon)
  • Garlic Powder (1 Teaspoon)
  • Oregano (1 Teaspoon)
  • Thyme (1 Teaspoon)
  • Basil (1 Teaspoon)
  • Black Pepper (1/2 Teaspoon)
  • Vegetable Oil (1 Tablespoon)
  • Water (Hot, 1 Cup)
  • Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons)
  • Parmesan Cheese (1/2 Cup)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit. 
  • In a large bowl mix together the Flour, Salt, Sugar, Yeast, Garlic, Oregano, Thyme, and Pepper. Add in the Vegetable Oil and Water, mixing well, and then kneading into a well-formed dough ball.
  • In a separate bowl, spread half of the Olive Oil around the bottom, place the formed dough ball into the bowl and cover with a damp paper bowl for 20 minutes.
  • In a greased 8inX8in pan spread the dough into it. It should be around 1/2 inch thick. Spread the remaining Olive Oil on top of the bread, and sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese.
  • Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. 
  • Enjoy warm with some cheese and wine!

There's a lot more I could say, but hey I think ya'll will understand why I don't. See you again on Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment