Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sweet and Sour Carrots

I wish I had more of a meal for you guys, but I honestly have so many leftovers again that I didn't want to cook a lot! Not to mention I was too busy today dress shopping to cook a full-fledged meal. (I found the dress!) Now when I was first making this recipe, I was highly doubtful on how it was going to taste… Don't judge a dish by it's pre-cooked stage I guess, because this turned out so good. The vinegar wasn't as strong as I thought it would be based on the smell. Mostly because it boiled out, and it's pretty amazing - seriously try this.

Sweet and Sour Carrots

  • Carrots (1 Pound, Thinly Sliced)
  • Water (2 Cups, Divided in Half)
  • Corn Starch (2 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Sugar (2 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Rice Vinegar (2 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Butter (2 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • In a large skillet melt the Butter in a pan, and add the Carrots cooking for 2 minutes.
  • Add in 1 Cup of Water and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
  • In the meantime mix together the remaining ingredients, stir well, and add to the skillet.
  • Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the sauce mix begins to thicken, and turn more translucent. (You'll know when you see it…)
  • Plate and Enjoy!

Not the worldest best picture, but oh man what a surprise. I was truly amazed at how this turned out, and I highly suggest it for a perfect little side dish. It also makes me wonder what this would taste like with sweet potatoes and brown sugar instead… Potential future experiment in the making…

Till next time then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment