Monday, January 26, 2015

Scallion Pancakes - Don't Make These...

Hey everyone!!! I think this is the second time I've made a recipe that just sucked. It was edible, but only if you were desperate… (Really desperate.)
I think I went wrong in two different areas for this recipe. I added too much water and I didn't have enough flour to fix it. Then I added too much oil to the frying pan to make the damn pancakes. Those poor pancakes looked like one soggy pair of socks on a plate. Yeah, like I said - bad recipe.

The best thing I learned about this recipe was to add water in incrementally instead of all at once. Then I would have at least had a proper dough to work with. Instead I ended up with a weird dough that was gel-like in consistency.

Oh well, I guess it's a very good thing that we have a lot of other food options. Otherwise our dinner would have been very bland.

I'm excited for Blizzard Juno tomorrow! I do know that I'll probably lose power tomorrow - therefore I'm posting a dish tonight as tomorrows. Ain't no way this blizzard's getting me down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment