Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lemon Chicken

I keep forgetting to post when I say I will! I think I've gotten distracted with the home renovation projects I picked up this Winter. Needless to say a full-time job, blogging, and planning a wedding wasn't enough on my plate. Oh no, that's why I decided to take it upon myself to do a full home repaint by myself!
Needless to say though, my normal cooking and eating schedule has been shot to pieces in the process however I must say new wall paint is glorious!

I wish I could've taken more pictures, but before I got the chance my fiancé mangled the chicken instead of cutting nice pieces. Oh well, it just goes to show you that the chicken was too good to take a picture of.

Lemon Chicken

  • Whole Young Chicken (4 Pounds)
  • Carrot (Chopped)
  • Lemon (1/2 Juiced, 1/2 Sliced and Peeled)
  • Soy Sauce (2 Teaspoons)
  • Red Wine (2 Teaspoons)
  • Sugar (2 Teaspoons)
  • Salt (1 Teaspoon)
  • Pepper (1 Teaspoon)
  • Water (3/4 Cups)
  • Ginger Powder (4 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Clean out the inside of the Chicken, and set aside.
  • Mix together the Lemon Juice, Soy Sauce, Red Wine, Sugar, and Salt. Spoon this mixture into the Chicken's cavity, and place into a roasting pan.
  • Pour the Water over the Chicken, and generously rub the Ginger Powder all over the skin.
  • Place the Lemon Slices and Carrots in as well.
  • Bake covered for 30-40 minutes or until the Chicken is thoroughly cooked. 
  • Plate and Enjoy!

Sorry my picture looks funny! The fiancĂ© nibbled each time he checked the chicken! It was really tasty, and surprisingly Ricky ate half this chicken in the first meal, the rest though made great sandwiches for lunch today. Nothing beats a double-meal in my opinion. 
Hopefully you can all give this very simple dish a try, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment