Friday, January 23, 2015

Spiced Banana Bread

As of lately, I have started to hate each book I've picked for my blog. I have no idea why, and I'm not sure if it's just bad luck. It could be because I've just been craving another Harry Potter-esque setting, and it could be because I'm just sick of Chinese food! 
Half the reason I chose to make this Spiced Banana Bread is because I needed a change, and I had some pretty mushy looking bananas. This recipe was something I altered, and I think it had a nice spice to it. (Without being overbearing.)

Spiced Banana Bread

  • Flour (2 Cups)
  • Baking Soda (1 Teaspoon)
  • Salt (1/2 Teaspoon)
  • Butter (1/2 Cup)
  • Brown Sugar (3/4 Cups)
  • Eggs (2)
  • Mace (1/2 Teaspoon)
  • Bananas (3, Mashed)

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a large bowl mix together the Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.
  • In another bowl cream together the Brown Sugar, Butter, and Eggs. Add in the Bananas, and Mace - mixing well.
  • Put this wet mixture, into the dry mixture. Thoroughly combine the two, and spread into a greased loaf pan.
  • Bake for 45-55 minutes.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

This banana bread was a welcome treat after all of the other food I've been making lately. Sometimes you can't beat baked goods, especially on a cold night. I love the nice addition of the mace, it gave the bread a nice pop of flavor. 

Needless to say I'm probably going to switch it up after I finish Flower Net and go back to something familiar of mine.

If my blogging get's hectic again soon, it's because I'm undertaking painting my upstairs bedrooms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment