Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sausage, Cabbage, and Bean Skillet Meal

Tonight has been such a productive night, and it's such a relief for me to have it all done. Upstairs has been a bit (more like a lot a bit) of a train wreck. It's been my craft room, construction room, and storage room all at once. It's been making this blog kind of sink to the back of my mind a bit because that room was originally my blogging room. (Opps!) 
I'm happy to say though that the whole room has been refinished, and properly painted! Now my blogging should soon be back on it's normal schedule!

Enough about that crap though, and back to what we're all really here about - food and books!

I'm in that point in Eragon where the Brom and Eragon are back on the road. I kind of made the assumption that after leaving Teirm they would've been able to pack their saddlebags with some nice things. I did up the amount of ingredients one would normally carry on the road however at least the smoked sausage is something I can justify as a travel food. (At least true smoked sausage would've been.) This is also a perfect one skillet meal if anyone was out camping!

Sausage, Cabbage, and Bean Skillet Meal

  • Sausage (1, Thinly Sliced)
  • Celery (2 Stalks, Thinly Chopped)
  • Carrot (1, Thinly Sliced - Julienned)
  • Onion (Finely Chopped)
  • Garlic Cloves (2, Minced)
  • Cabbage (1/2 Cup, Shredded)
  • Diced Tomatoes (15 Ounce Can)
  • White Beans (15 Ounce Can)
  • Kidney Beans (15 Ounce Can)
  • Butter (1 Tablespoon)
  • Bay Leaves (1/2 Tablespoon)
  • Thyme (1/2 Tablespoon)
  • Salt (1 Teaspoon)
  • Pepper (1 Teaspoon)

Instructions

  • In a large skillet melt the Butter on high, add in the Celery, Carrot, Onion, and Garlic Cloves. Sauté for around 5 to 7 minutes.
  • Add in the remaining ingredients, bring to a low rolling boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for a remaining 5 minutes.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

It's certainly one of the more colorful dishes I've had in awhile, and certainly full of good hearty food. This one-skillet-wonder also has a lot of protein in it to keep you going when working hard. (Or fighting Urgals!)

See ya'll soon! I've got some more reading to enjoy in my freshly painted bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment