Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bison Burgers

Hello everyone! Sorry for the really delayed post! I was supposed to publish this on Tuesday (Opps!) Needless to say I got a little behind on blogging as works become quite eccentric for the past couple of weeks.
I've also been adjusting to the role of being a dog mom. I think I'm doing well, and hey sometimes it's just fun to watch her dive bomb into the snowbanks out back. At this point they're so high that once she does I have to wonder if a rescue mission is in order. I'm happy to report that the cat and dog are becoming friends - albeit aloof ones… I'll take what I can get though.

Moving forward though:

Bison Burgers

  • Ground Bison (1 Pound)
  • Hamburger Buns (4)
  • Salt (To Taste)
  • Pepper (To Taste)

Instructions

  • In a large bowl, mix together the Bison, Salt and Pepper. Form the meat mixture into four hamburger patties and set aside.
  • Bring a large skillet up to medium heat, and throw in the Bison.
  • Cook until desired internal temperature is met. (We did our's medium-well - just in case.)
  • Place on the Hamburger Buns, and dress with any of the standard fixings that you'd like.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

It's not the most gorgeous of pictures, but I was starving and wanted to eat. Sometimes you can't always win against yourself! 
I really wanted to make these as plain as possible because I've never had bison meat before. I really didn't want to alter the flavor too much so that I couldn't taste what was naturally there. It was the best decision I made because had I added anything else I would've lost the sweetness to the meat. I will say it does taste very similar to ground beef, and yet it's sweeter and much more tender. 
I chose to make these bison burgers to represent Saphira in Eragon. I have after all cooked based on the other characters but have thus far neglected an important one - the dragon. There wasn't a better way to do that then to cook something closer to a game animal. Hence the bison!

I foresee more bison in my future this summer, and I can't wait to taste it on a grill. As soon as my 10 foot snowbanks melt...

No comments:

Post a Comment