Friday, February 27, 2015

Lamb Chops with a Fresh Herb Rub

Hello Friday! I've been missing you since Monday, and man have I needed you more than ever…

I feel like I have a slight form of cabin-fever, and it's been crazy how the temperatures still haven't really breached 20 Degrees Fahrenheit yet. Most of the food I'm cooking is reflective of the weather, and I think it's just because I don't mind curling up with a blanket and lying in a food-coma for a bit. After all when it's that cold out you don't feel guilty about it. Summer on the other hand makes you feel the guilt. Until then though - commense food coma!

Lamb Chops with a Fresh Herb Rub

  • Lamb Chops (1/2 Pound)
  • Olive Oil (4 Tablespoons)
  • Sage (1 Tablespoon, Finely Chopped)
  • Thyme (1 Tablespoon, Finely Chopped)
  • Rosemary (1 Tablespoon, Finely Chopped)
  • Garlic Clove (Minced)
  • Shallot (Minced)
  • Salt (To Taste)
  • Pepper (To Taste)

Instructions

  • In a medium-sized bowl, blend together all of the ingredients except the Lamb Chops.
  • Place the Lamb Chops in the fresh herb mix, and massage with the mix. Cover the bowl, and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
  • In a medium-sized skillet, bring heat to medium-high. Add in the Lamb Chops and cook on each side around 4 minutes or until desired internal temperature.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

These little lamb chops didn't last long, and my stomach is thankful for them! I didn't really serve a side dish with these like I should've, mainly it's because I was too lazy to come up with anything else today. You know how those days go though I'm sure!
I did want to include lamb though for Eragon as it's a meat that (to me) is useful to have in certain times. It's a double-use livestock as well since the wool can be harvested for a time, and then you can eat the lamb as well. It's something I find certain societies would desire in the book right now, and certainly lamb has a nice aromatic quality about it as well. Not too mention it's rich and savory with almost any ingredient...

Oh well, now that I've burned up my energy use, I'm going to get on some pajamas, and enter into a food-coma position. Wake me up when my fiancĂ© is done watching his House of Cards marathon please! 
See you Sunday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment