Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Paratha (Indian Flatbread)

Hey everyone! Sorry I neglected to post yesterday, and also sorry it's not a legitimate meal. I have so mach leftover food though from Super Bowl XLIX that I just can't justify cooking a meal yet. This paratha though is delicious by itself with a nice chutney, or split in half and stuffed with sandwich meats.
This bread is a nice quick recipe, and it's also nice and hearty. I wish I had the time to make a spiced chutney with this for the evening, but after a long day of work I'm just so tired I can barely read what I'm typing!

Paratha

  • Flour (2 Cups)
  • Salt (1 Teaspoon)
  • Water (3/4 Cup)
  • Butter (2 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • In a large bowl, mix together the Flour, Salt, and half of the Water.
  • Slowly add more Water until just all of the Flour is used. 
  • Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 15 minutes.
  • Let rest until the dough has risen by double (30 minutes minimum). 
  • Divide the dough out into 8, roll each into a thin circle.
  • Rub with a little bit of Butter, fold in half, rub with Butter again and fold in half. 

  • Take each folded paratha, and roll out into a slightly oval shape.
  • Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat, and spread a small amount of Butter onto the pan. 
  • Lay out the parathas onto the pan, and cook each side for around 2 minutes.

I loved how simple these were to make, and I also can't get over how great they tasted sliced in half and stuffed with pulled pork. Nothing beats a simple addition to a meal, especially when you have little time after a late work night.
I can't wait to snuggle up with my cat, my fiancé, and some more Eragon



No comments:

Post a Comment