Sunday, February 1, 2015

Rosemary Roasted Spaghetti Squash Seeds

I cannot believe that Superbowl XLIX is finally here!!! I have so much stuff to cook this evening it's incredible - but I can't wait.

I'm devouring Eragon and it's so pleasant, most of the other books I've been reading haven't given me that joy. I really wanted to use up the leftover seeds from Friday's recipe, and I think it's fitting. Eragon's family are farmers, and almost everything would be utilized as opposed to being wasted. If anything making those seeds made me forget how I should be doing more with the produce I cook with.
One of the nice things about having a few raised garden beds is how my fiancé and I can actually grow our own produce. From now own I'm going to save any seeds from produce - and hey maybe this Summer my recipes can be made from my own produce!

Rosemary Roasted Spaghetti Squash Seeds

  • Spaghetti Squash Seeds (Dried, and Cleaned)
  • Olive Oil (1-2 Tablespoons)
  • Dried Rosemary (1 Tablespoon)
  • Salt (1/2 Tablespoon)
  • Pepper (1/2 Tablespoon)

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • Spread the Seeds out on a baking sheet, and drizzle with the Olive Oil.
  • Sprinkle the Rosemary, Salt, and Pepper on top and mix well.
  • Bake for 10 minutes. You should hear the seeds pop - that's how you know they're done!
  • Package and Enjoy!

I love these roasted seeds, not to mention it is such a simple and easy snack to make. I remember doing this with all the pumpkin seeds my family would get after carving a pumpkin. My sister and I used to love scrubbing out the guts of the pumpkin, and we'd all sift through for the seeds. 
The rosemary adds such a nice depth for these seeds, and great for a little snack!

Now I'm off to cook 40 chicken wings, 4 pounds of baby back ribs, bruschetta, cocktail meatballs, baked beans, and some other snacks!

GO HAWKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment