Sunday, March 8, 2015

Slow-Cooked Boneless Ribs with Baked Beans

Copyright: The Project 333
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been so off my game lately with timely blogging. It's been one heck of a week in terms of projects I've got going on.
I recently started this thing called Project 333. It's essentially a way to help declutter your life, and closet by making you have to wear 33 items for 3 months. I went through all my clothes between Friday and Saturday and was able to finally get a good start for what my choices will be. Who would've though clothing though is more complicated than cooking… It was a huge daunting task but I'm about to finally embark on it!
The thing that wasn't daunting - these delicious slow-cooked boneless ribs.


Slow-Cooked Boneless Ribs with Baked Beans

  • Country-Style Boneless Ribs (1 Pound)
  • Onion (Quartered)
  • Red Pepper (1/2, Chopped)
  • Carrots (2, Sliced)
  • Baked Beans (8 Ounce Can)
  • Water (1 Cup)
  • Mustard (2 Tablespoons)
  • Maple Syrup (2 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • Place the Water, Onion, Red Pepper, and Carrots into the crock pot first.
  • Lay the Boneless Ribs on top of the vegetables, and drizzle with the Mustard, and Maple Syrup.
  • Carefully place the Baked Beans onto of the Boneless Ribs, and cook on low for 5 hours.
  • Plate and Enjoy!

Not the world's most graceful picture, but at the end of the day all that matters is the taste. 

For instance, meals cooked after battles fought, and barely won need to be hearty. However those meals aren't always made for plated sit-downs. These ribs were slow-cooked together with many ingredients because to me it's what's easiest in battles. Just like Eragon and company had to do in Eldest. Then again, my logic isn't always the best because 5 hour slow-cooked meals probably aren't a thing for battle-fields either… Oh well…

I'll be posting another meal soon for this novel, it just won't be as inventive. After all I do run out of ideas sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment