Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Red Quinoa and Pineapple in a Peanut Sauce

Lack of posting again on my part, I know I'm so totally guilty. See the thing is, is that I've been working on a new project called Mainely Maven. I love this blog, don't get me wrong. Yet I really find that I've limited myself extensively in having such a narrow focus. There are so many things I'd love to blog about, but in this particular one all I can do is talk books and cooking…

I'm not going to abandon this though! I just want everyone to know over the next few weeks this website will be transitioning (albeit slowly) to a new website, and also to a new focus. There will definitely still be book reviews, and lots of cooking though. So no fears there. 

Moving forward…

Red Quinoa and Pineapple in a Peanut Sauce

Main:

  • Red Quinoa (1 Cup)
  • Water (2 Cups)
  • Onion (Diced)
  • Tomato (Diced)
  • Garlic Clove (Minced)
  • Chunked Pineapple (16 Ounce Can, Liquid Drained)
  • Butter (1 Tablespoon)

Sauce:

  • Peanut Butter (3 Tablespoons)
  • Rice Vinegar (3 Tablespoons)
  • Soy Sauce (2 Tablespoons)
  • Water (2 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • In a medium-sized pot bring together the Red Quinoa and Water together, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
  • Carefully drain out any excess water, and set aside.
  • In a large wok melt the Butter, and sauté the Onion until translucent.  
  • Add in the remaining main ingredients and keep on low heat, stirring occasionally.
  • In a small bowl mix thoroughly the sauce ingredients, and add into the wok. 
  • Cook on low for a remaining 10 minutes.
  • Plate and Enjoy!!

This was really yummy, and such a quick and healthy meal to make. Plus leftovers = great!

No comments:

Post a Comment