Sunday, August 24, 2014

Second Blog Attempt

This is my second attempt at starting a blog, my first one was haphazardly pieced together at best… I never realized how hard it it to write a blog when there's so many out there - it doesn't help when you give yourself no direction either.

My first blog attempt was here on Blogger, and I attempted a "DIY Everything" approach, but with no focus it's hard to gain any ground. It was like running up a mountain to build something, only to realize you left all your blueprints back at base camp. Then after I had invested all that time hitting the ground running I realized what a waste that previous blog really was. 

Rule Number One of Blogging: 
Don't make a blog trying to do everything. I mean who's going to be able to find anything in such a jumbled mess?

So this is why I find myself on blog number two, because now I have to remedy the mistake I made by not following Rule Number One. 

One of the things I did learn however when I had my old blog was that most of the things people seemed interested in was my cooking. (Thank you Google analytics for that insight!)
However sometimes I always seemed stymied that I ran out of ideas for recipes to make in my household. Then it hit me right in the head, why not marry two of my favorite things together? Cooking and Books? After all it's the only two things I don't ever seem to tire of, and reading always has hints of inspiration for recipes if you just know what to look for. 

Cook and Books - a new blog, a new passion, and a new inspiration. 

I really can't start just yet on this blog, because I currently am in the middle of a book series (yes it's Harry Potter)! However once I finish the remaining three books (for the 20th time running) I cannot wait to start this blog! 
One thing I can say is how I will be bringing cooking and books together though, and it's a little different then some food blogs out there, and different then book review blogs as well. What I plan on bringing out in this blog is the following:
I'm going to choose a book to read and give just the basic synopsis, and as I progress through the book I'm going to cook a meal no less than three times a week from food mentioned in the book or even just inspired from the book. Once I have finished the book I will give everyone an in depth book review (with no spoilers!) and a little baked treat to complement the ending.

I hope everyone can bear with me as I get adjusted to doing a new blog - correctly this time I hope. I promise it won't be long, after all I'm a vociferous reader (especially for Harry Potter), and I have three more books to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment