Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hassan's Dry Chicken

Hi everyone! I survived Draft Day yesterday - yes my Fantasy Football Draft Part 1 was successful. I also have a Part 2 at 8:30PM tonight! That is why this recipe was probably the best thing for a quick meal to make, or even just an appetizer to share with some individuals. I treated this as more of an appetizer for this evening as we had a lot of leftovers that we needed to eat from last nights draft. However paired with some side dishes I think this would've been a great full-sized meal.

So enough talking, and more posting. (I've got another draft to do people!)

Hassan's Dry Chicken

Main

  • 1 Chicken Breast (Halved, and cut into strips)
  • 1 Egg
  • Milk

Chicken Coating

  • Crispy Panko Crumbs (Enough to coat chicken - 1 to 2 Cups)
  • Garam Masala Seasoning (3 Tablespoons)
  • Red Chili Powder (1 Tablespoon)

Dipping Sauce

  • Mild Curry Paste (2 1/2 Tablespoons)
  • Honey (1 Tablespoon)
  • Butter (2 Tablespoons)
  • Water (3 Tablespoons)

Instructions

  • Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg, and add milk equal to the egg amount. Place the chicken into this mix.
  • In another bowl take the Chicken Coating mix and mix together. Make sure the spices are blended well with the Panko crumbs. 
  • Place the chicken on a metal baking sheet, and place in the oven for 15 minutes. (Or longer if needed).
  • In the meantime take the Dipping Sauce mix and bring to a simmer. (Do not boil!) 
  • Plate and enjoy!

I know this is more of an American twist on what the book was saying… Yet it's practically football season and I really couldn't resist. I personally loved this version - it had a spicy-sweet flavor that wasn't overwhelming. I also find that sometimes something simple like this would be great to take more twists on. I can picture down the road a Garam Masala and Red Curry sauce drizzled all over some chicken wings - and a yoghurt saffron dipping sauce… (Once I can afford the damn saffron of course…)

It's officially 6:30PM here, and I've got Fantasy Football Draft Part 2 in a couple of hours! (Yeah, I'm not excited or anything…) Tomorrow I'll be posting about what Tuesday's recipe is going to be from The Hundred-Foot Journey - and it's not Indian food folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment