Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cooking Tomorrow for The Hundred-Foot Journey

Hello all, this was kind of an easy section of this book to cook for! Food is at the soul of this book thus far, and Hassan (the main character) even describes things in relation to food at times - often resulting in funny analogies. (Or I'm just immature).

I've decided to make on Friday a dish mentioned on the very first page of The Hundred-Foot Journey: Machli Ka Salan (Spicy Fish Curry). 
I feel that this meal was of important significance to the character Hassan and therefore there's just no way for me not to use it as the first dish I've cooked.


This quote is how we are introduced to our narrator from the beginning of this book, and from there it becomes a world full of food to be enjoyed.

Now I've never made fish before (never, not even once) so this will be a new venture for me. I know my boyfriend Ricky is going to have to help me cook the fish, otherwise I can picture firetrucks rushing down the street as I burn a fillet on a frying pan… Yes hello neighbors, we're new - have some burnt fish for dinner with us?
In addition to that I'm personally not a fan of fish (I.E. I friggin' hate it) but I shall try this because I can't blog about a recipe I don't even touch. I know Ricky will love it, he hates how I don't know how to cook fish - it'll be an adventure definitely.

Now I'm off to venture for ingredients for my cooking endeavor tomorrow, and I hope you all check back in on Friday evening (probably late, like really late) to see how my version of Machli Ka Salan turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment